Friday, July 07, 2006

Andy Owens

Does anyone remember the Andy Owens Project? I recently found both cd's on ebay, new in the the wrapper. I had forgotten how good the second cd was. We used to go to the Ozona Bar and Grill on Greenville Ave. and watch the band as they usually opened for someone else. Andy actually was doing the promoting. His band at the time, which was around 1991 or so was awesome. The track "Blue Letter" with violinist and singer Reggie Ruefer is spectacular. From what I have read, Reggie still lives in Arlington and works off and on in Nashville, sometimes as sideman for Charlie Pride. Andy on the other hand I believe has a family and bought a place somewhere in the mountains of Colorado. The cd is called "Real Music." It's Real good stuff.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cousin, Andy Owens, moved to North Carolina and now owns and operates a BBQ place. He still plays and loves our home state of Kentucky Bluegrass.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Banj said...

Thank you for the comment. I only wish that you didn't choose to be "anonymous." BBQ...hmmm...hope he uses oak. I thought he moved to Colorado?

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home